To Go Faster You have to Go Faster
Interesting information about Speed training
- – I googled ‘Basic Speed Workouts for Runners’ and found out a staggering bit of intelligence – VIRTUALLY ALL SPEED WORKOUTS INVOLVE RUNNING FASTER!
- – The only ones that do not involve ‘running faster’ are – Hills Repeats, which Robert is doing in Mondays!
- – All the rest are really just a variety of ways of hiding the effort required to actually run faster – strides, track work and fartlek’s (Swedish for ‘speed play’!).
- – So this summer we will be doing a variety of strides, track work and Fartlek’s on Wednesday evenings
- – About the only saving grace is that Speed work tends to be done in shorter bursts, so the workouts may not be as long as other times.