Post-Run Recovery Eggs
This recipe takes me under 10 minutes to make, which is perfect when I’m STARVING after a long run and need to refuel. Plus it’s an easy way to add some veggies to my breakfast.
- 1 english muffin (I use whole wheat)
- 1 handfull baby spinach
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 red pepper- thinly sliced
- 1 slce red onion
- Hot sauce
Start on poaching eggs: bring about an inch of water + a tsp of vinegar to a simmer. Carefully drop in the 2 eggs and let them poach for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the english muffin
- Put the spinach on a plate and wilt in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Once the english muffin is toasted, top with the spinach, onion and red pepper
- Place one egg on each muffin half
- Douse with as much hot sauce as you want